How to treat toenail fungus? This question is of great concern to those who suffer from this disease. Or rather, suffer from it. Toenail fungus (onychomycosis) causes discomfort because the appearance of the nails becomes very unattractive. And there is no point in painting over a sore nail with varnish. It is better to learn than to treat the fungus. In addition, there are many drugs that successfully combat the disease. Let's try to find the most effective remedy for toenail fungus.
The fungus can defeat everyone, so it is necessary to know the methods of dealing with this disease.
It is easy to get infected with onychomycosis. It is enough to put on the shoes of a sick person, walk barefoot on the beach or on the floor of the pool. The fungus prefers moist places with a fairly high temperature. These are baths, saunas, sports complexes. But it also happens that someone in the family becomes the focus of infection. That is why it is so important for everyone to have their own slippers and wear special shoes in suspected places of infection.
Toenail fungus is usually treated by adults. Among children, this disease practically does not occur. The conditions for the development of the disease are:
- sudden decrease in immunity;
- various diseases (diabetes mellitus, obesity, circulatory disorders in the legs, etc. );
- age-related changes in the acid-base balance of the skin and nails.
It is impossible not to notice the fungus on the legs, the nail changes a lot. The color from pink turns to gray, yellow or green, the plaque thickens and crumbles, pain and itching appear at the site of injury.
But not only the unsightly appearance of the foot is an indication for the treatment of mycosis. The fungus during its growth and reproduction poisons nearby tissues, accumulates toxic substances that cause metabolic disorders, interfere with the normal functioning of the digestive, nervous and cardiovascular systems. If, in addition, you do not follow the rules of personal hygiene, the disputes will "capture" new areas.
The fight against the fungus should be started as soon as possible, and certainly under the supervision of a specialist. It is he who will help to understand the variety of means of combating the disease and choose the correct method of treatment.
The sooner you start fighting a yeast infection, the sooner you can get rid of it.
Cream, varnish or pills?
Means for the treatment of fungus are divided into several groups. First of all, pharmacies offer both expensive drugs and drugs at an affordable price. And in this case, cheap means not bad.
Second, there are many ways to treat toenail fungus. For this use:
- home remedies.
But be patient. If you decide to use traditional medicine, you will have to wait a long time for the result - several months or even a whole year. Ready for a quick effect? Use complex therapy: local remedies (varnishes, ointments) plus tablets. Active substances can accumulate in the tissues, which reduces the duration of the disease. But this is exactly the case when the treatment must be under the supervision of a doctor. Remedies for nail fungus have many contraindications, their uncontrolled use can nullify the effectiveness of treatment and lead to further progression of the disease.
Varnish is a good remedy for nail fungus at the initial stage of the disease. Varnishes destroy the fungus at the cellular level. They are applied according to the scheme, the treatment is quite long. By the way, it is not forbidden to apply the usual on the medical varnish. You can try a special serum, as well as patches.
It is also recommended to carry out treatment, actively using preparations for removing the nail plate. Means do not remove the fungus, but simply dissolve the affected nail. Before using the funds, it is necessary to steam the feet, then dry them and apply the preparation. Try not to touch the skin near the nail. After the time specified in the instructions, remove the plaster with which the finger was sealed and scrape off the affected tissues. This procedure is carried out until the fungus is completely eliminated.
A fairly effective remedy for mycosis - creams, ointments, sprays. There are many of them, each is based on the active substance:
Tablets are the most effective remedy for nail fungus, but they are also the most dangerous. The age of children, liver and kidney pathologies, taking hormonal drugs are absolute contraindications to taking such a drug.
Your doctor will monitor the effectiveness of your toenail fungus treatment. Over time, the damaged tissue must be replaced by healthy tissue. Complete healing is confirmed in the laboratory. It is necessary to pass the necessary tests and wait for the results. You should also take into account the likelihood of allergy to the drug. In this case, another remedy against the fungus should be used.
Unconventional but not useless
The main thing to remember is that it is not recommended to walk barefoot on the beach, in a public swimming pool, shower and the like. These places are a threat to your legs.
In the fight against mycosis, all means are good. Some of them are quite unexpected. Here, for example, creolin is a drug that is used in veterinary medicine. Feedback on its effectiveness is positive. It has antiseptic, disinfectant and antiparasitic action.
Mouthwash will also help in treating fungus. Baths with apple cider vinegar, Fukortsin, a mixture of essential oils of lavender and tea tree are also used as medicines. Natural oils are needed, which means they can't be cheap.
In combination with drug therapy, it is good to use folk remedy treatment. These are some of the most effective ways.
- In the morning and in the evening, treat the nails with tincture of iodine (1 drop is enough). The duration of treatment is 10 days. There may be pain. It should pass in 2-3 days.
- Grind 2 cloves of garlic and mix with butter (100 g). In a day, treat the feet with the resulting ointment. Repeat every day for a month. The result can be seen after a week of application.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp. sea salt in 1 liter of hot water. Soak your feet in the solution every day for 2 weeks straight
- Moisten a cotton ball in a propolis alcohol solution and apply it for 15 minutes on the affected nail. Procedures continue for 3 weeks.
- Cut a lemon circle into 2 parts, attach it to the affected nail, secure it with a bandage and polyethylene. It is enough to carry out such a procedure for 8-10 days.
- Rub kombucha daily on the sore nail. The course of treatment is 20 days.
- Mix equal amounts of chamomile, violet, and string. Pour a liter of boiling water, leave for 2 hours. Moisten a gauze in the resulting infusion, apply to the nail.
- Grind 100 g of aspen bark, boil in 0. 5 liters of water. Blow up your nails in this decoction. Then treat them with a mixture of laundry soap and soda (1 teaspoon each). Treat daily.
- Mix 70% vinegar essence with water in 1/1 proportions. Add flour. Fix the resulting mass on the nail. The skin should not come into contact with the dough. After a few days, the affected nail will shed and a healthy one will grow in its place.
There are many folk methods by which treatment is carried out. Many believe that this therapy is the best remedy for nail fungus.
don't go barefoot
It is unlikely that you can protect yourself 100% from nail fungus. But preventive measures are worth remembering, especially since they are not so complicated and most drugs are expensive.
Don't try on new shoes with bare feet, be sure to put on a sock. Wash your feet with soap before going to bed. Wear special shoes in showers, saunas, swimming pools, on the beach. If you suffer from sweating, use special preparations. Change socks, stockings, tights every day.
The fungus is difficult to defeat, but it is quite possible.
Like not getting infected at all.